The CMCSS Instruction and Curriculum Department will host information sessions throughout October for families interested in learning more about dyslexia and individualized learning plans for dyslexia (ILP-D.) Families may have received a phone call from their child’s teacher or paperwork sent home recently. These information sessions will answer questions regarding the CMCSS screening process and new state requirements. Caregivers can pre-submit questions to ensure they’re answered by emailing [email protected]. Pre-registration for the information sessions is not required.
Topics will include:
- What is dyslexia?
- How does CMCSS screen and support students with dyslexia?
- What are the updated state regulations with Individualized Learning Plans for students with characteristics of dyslexia? (ILP-D)
- What questions can I ask my child’s teacher to support my student at school?
Virtual Information Session Dates and Times
- Monday, October 2, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 3, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 16, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 19, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Monday, October 23, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 26, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.